Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Wintery Wonderland Suprise

My husband is a big rock climber. He loves climbing with ropes, without ropes, indoors or outdoors. Most especially outdoors climbing. All weekend he had been planning to go climbing with his cousin and a best friend. I don't usually go along with them- not because I dont like climbing-but because I'm not nearly as good as they are and I feel like it is their "male bonding" time :) But on this occasion I had agreed to go. Saturday's weather, as I mention before, was absolutely beautiful! Warm and sunny! Sunday was a little overcast but Ryan had high hopes for Monday morning's rock-climbing extravaganza! Come Monday morning, I looked out the window to gray skies and a lot of snow coming down. Rock Climbing= Canceled= Ryan upset. We only expected an hour or two worth of snowfall... but oh no, it snowed ALL day long! I happen to like snow! I like the way everything looks under a white blanket of fluff, especially the evergreen trees! But Ryan grew up in the Sunny San Diego and would rather bask in sun than a blanket of frozen water. Who can blame him? After about an hour of gray skies and unrelenting snowfall Ryan announces that he has Seasonal Depression... haha. Goodbye warm sunny days. Winter is officially here!

4 comments:

  1. I do have seasonal depression! I am depressed because of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay Ryan, the snow hopefully won't leave for a while, so you should just enjoy it, because it's awesome. Don't worry though, your fellow San Diegians Ashley and Kate are both just as cold as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how can I enjoy it when it is so stinkin cold! Plus I am broke so i can't go snowboarding or do any of the fun wintery stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. woops that last comment was from Ryan using Kiley's computer :)

    ReplyDelete