Friday, November 19, 2010

Raspberries and Cleaners



Today was busy! Today we had a pie contest at work! So I made a family favorite- Mom's famous Raspberry Cheesecake! Mom would make it every Thanksgiving and Christmas (my two favorite Holidays) Ohhh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! A tasty crumbly, buttery graham cracker crust with a smooth creamy finger-licking good homemade cheesecake filling and topped with a thick homemade raspberry jam! Ohhh if heaven were a food, it would be this pie! Did I mention that raspberries are my favorite fruit! My cousin, Abbey, and I used to eat fresh picked raspberries till the wee hours of the morning at her grandparents house in Wyoming talking about boys and life. Good memories! Do you have one of those foods that just brings lots of good memories while making your mouth water and drool all over :)?
Anyway, after I made the pies my day was full of cleaning and scrubbing and packing for our trip to St. George. We are so excited to get away for awhile! Much needed. But why clean? Isn't it just so wonderful to come home to a clean home after being on vacation and living out of a suitcase for a week and a half? I think so- I learned that from my Dad. I used to hate the fact that he would make us clean the house until it sparkled before we left for vacations, but I was always grateful when we came home to a clean and nice smelling home. So that's what I did all day :) Now I'm going to work for the last time for the next week! HURRAY!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah...raspberry cheesecake...I'm slipping into a catatonic state with a bit of drool...and a grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won the pie contest at work by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm the one who tried to get the house spakling clean before we left on a trip! Dad was not usually around until right before we left. By the way.... awesome job on the pies!!! They look delish!

    ReplyDelete