Friday, November 5, 2010

For Starters




It's been 6 1/2 months since I married the love of my life- Ryan. We were married in the San Diego Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on April 16th, 2010. Some people think we were too young to get married and that it happened too quickly, but to me- it was perfect! Ryan and I met at school, BYU-I in our first semesters of school. We were friends for about 10 months before we started dating in October of 2009. It's kind of funny how things work out sometimes. The Lord definitely has a sense of humor! We had no interest in dating each other for a long time and then one weekend we just kind of decided that we should try things out and see where they go. Best spontaneous decision ever! I knew right off the bat when we started dating that he was the one for me. I had found the one. The one that I wanted to be with forever. He had it so easy! He didn't even have to try to win me over- I just knew. I, on the other hand, had to exercise some patience until he came around and proposed to me on January 18th, 2010. It was so sweet and romantic. We had had many talks on the swings of a nearby talk and so I thought nothing of it when he took me to "our spot". The snow fall that week had left about a foot and a half of snow on the ground, making the park look magical. As he pushed me on the swing he told me he loved me and pulled me into his arms for a hug. Then, all of the sudden, he was down on one knee with a little white box outstretched towards me and the most beautiful diamond ring inside. It was wonderful! He is wonderful.

Since we've been married, we've been slowly adjusting to a new life with each other. Its been so great and sometimes difficult, but it's nice to know that at the end of the day we still love each other more than ever and get to spend the rest of forever together! This blog is going to be my journey through life- through the ups and downs of being in college and married, in hopes that it will give others in my same situation courage to press forward when life gets rough and to enjoy the moments that you wish could last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment