Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Adventures in Southern Utah



THUD!.. That's what I woke up to this morning. The sound of a snowball hitting our window. I thought we had left the wintery wonderland. St. George area is supposed to be warm- but no. Last night a storm blew through and it was cold enough in the night to turn it to snow! So Ryan's dad went out and threw snowballs at our window haha. Of course, he had to scrounge around to find enough snow to make a snowball, but he did it! And THUD, I woke up.
This week has been fun so far. On Monday we went rock climbing at Chuckwalla Wall in St. George, UT. It was awesome! We met some hardcore climbers there. A couple from Sweden came to the USA to climb for 7 weeks. Just climb! Ryan was super jealous haha. We also met these two American girls that are mountain guides in France! Craziness!
Yesterday we took a trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon! It was kind of a long drive, but a very pretty one- from what I could tell while I was awake. Does anyone else fall asleep immediately to the humdrum of the car engine and the lull and sway of the fast moving car?! To me, it's useless to try to keep my eyes open in a car for too long. It puts me to sleep... every time. But the canyon was awesome! It was beautiful and surprisingly... covered in snow! It was freezing way up there, but the view was amazing! Unfortunately I have a slight aversion to heights. Okay, maybe that is an understatement- but I believe my fear is heightened due to my daredevil husband and his daredevil sister!

But when I was able to stand solid and look around, the view was breathtaking! No really, the wind and altitude made it harder to breath! Haha. I'll have to go back some day when my limbs aren't numb and the ice paths and lack of railing along the paths aren't threatening my life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment