Saturday, November 6, 2010

Class Registration

Today, Ryan and I signed up for our classes for next semester. I'm a little worried because our schedules are so opposite! I'm afraid we wont have much to to spend together! I NEED my "Ryan" time! Without it, I go crazy! :) It will be an interesting experience for the both of us- that's for sure. Thankfully, our semesters only last 3 1/2 months long due to our 3 track system instead of the usual 2. I'm excited for a new semester, but just a little worried about my time with Ryan. Any suggestions?

On the brighter side of things.. today was a GORGEOUS day here in Idaho and so Ryan and I decided to go on a bike ride. Well, unfortunately, we only have one bike! So I rode on the handle-bars while he pedaled. I don't know if any of you have ever done that before, but it's kind of thrilling and painful at the same time. Ryan balanced the bike carefully while I slowly made my perch on top of the bike handle bars. It was scary at first as we drove around our apartment complex. My white-knuckled grip on Ryan's wrists probably cut off any circulation to his hands! But it was so much fun! He steered, as best he could with me atop the handles, all around our neighborhood and surrounding area! It was A BLAST as we explored new places we hadn't been before. The air was crisp and cool and the sun was on its way down. We talked about anything and everything. At the end of the ride my bottom was a little sore, and so were his wrists, but it was a good moment- one of those moments I wish could last forever.

2 comments:

  1. Trust me... before you know it you will SAVOR the time alone away from him. No matter how much you love him!!! Promise! Lesson learned from two marriages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll make time to spend together. Have a weekly date night (even if finances mean that it's a Netflix movie and homemade pizza on the couch!). And have weekly FHE.

    And if you do sweet things for each other throughout the day to let each other know you're thinking of the other, you won't feel as apart as you might otherwise. Hooray for texting and gmail chat!

    ReplyDelete