Friday, September 9, 2011

The Final Countdown


(Hailey's Room)

(Hailey's Crib with the wall frames I made!)

Well as of today I am dilated to 1cm and 50% effaced. Which is not bad! I was hoping for a little more dilation... but I can't complain. Technically I still have 5 more days until her due date! But the pressure in my pelvis is more than uncomfortable, so any time now would be GREAT! (Do you hear that, Hailey??? ANY TIME NOW!) I've gained a total of 30 lbs as of this week for my whole pregnancy. I've just started to get a little puffy in my hands and feet this last week too. No wonder they say the last couple of weeks are the worst. Swelling sets in, pressure on your pelvis and sciatic nerve, bending over is an impossibility, and all you can think about is going into labor!!! It's torturous, really.

We finally got her crib all set up and her room is now all done! It's so exciting and weird to have a baby room all set up! Ryan was so excited to put it together and see everything looking finished finally! We are both just so anxious to hold her in our arms and to see her in the scene! For now, it just seems surreal to have all this baby stuff with no baby! I can't even put a face to the little bundle of joy yet! Soon enough... soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! She's almost here!

    You crack me up talking about the swelling and uncomfortableness... on baby number three, I'm feeling all that with 10 weeks to go! LOL!

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete