Sunday, January 12, 2014

Leading Up To Christmas

Christmas came and went so quickly! I can hardly believe it's already 2014! I used to think that time moved so slowly when I was younger and now, the older I get, the faster time travels! Anyone else feel the same?

I LOVE Christmas time! If my husband would let me, I would start decorating before Thanksgiving! :) I know, I know- it's a heinous crime! It's not like I have a whole lot of decorations to put up anyway. It took me less than an hour, haha. 




But it looked pretty cute for our humble abode! 

I didn't want to buy an expensive wreath for our front door, so I thought it'd be fun for Hailey and I to make one together :) We invited her bestie, Breckin, over to paint with her. They had SO much fun! 




(Finished Products: Hand Print wreath with finger poked berries and a hand-slid snowman with melting features!)

We also made a cotton ball Santa picture for decoration! Hailey was super proud of it! I put the glue down, she pressed the cotton ball on. Then she colored in the outlines of santa, holly, and trees. 



Another fun Christmas activity was rolling Hailey up in my Christmas Quilt and tossing her on the couch. She thought that was the grandest fun ever! 

(the dry air sure makes her hair stand on end! also, check out those cute toes!)

Ryan and I always struggle to keep our gifts a secret from each other. This year we thought we had each other good! I got Ryan a finger board (a rock climbers' door hang/pull up bar) that he's been wanting for awhile now. I was really careful. I used a credit card he wouldn't look at and placed the order when he wasn't around and everything. Well it just so happened to be delivered on the ONE night of the week that I was gone and he was home! And OF COURSE the box was clear about its contents.


I was so upset until one evening, 2 minutes after Ryan left to go to a meeting, THIS was delivered! Muahahhaha! I guess we are not as sneaky as we thought we were!

Thank You Ryan, and Mom&Dad Ferons!

This year, we spent Christmas with my family down in Burke, VA. We spent a few days with them raking leaves, opening presents, eating yummy foods, playing fun games, and making great memories! Here are a few documented moments before Christmas:

My sisters Elise (10) and Brooke (7)

Me and my sisters, Elise (10), Brooke (7), Sydney (18), me, and Brenna (16)

(Hailey, trying to figure out how to climb the tree)

(she just wanted to clean the leaves)

My dad and my sister Brooke

Ryan got to open a present early because he needed it for a scouting campout that he was going on the weekend before Christmas. Ryan is in a leadership position at our church that works with the scouts, therefore he must campout with them too (which he was pretty excited about)!


Thank You to Mom and Dad Ferons for his most excellent Christmas present! He loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment