Saturday, March 30, 2013

Demo-Time Part 1

Immediately after closing on our condo we started ripping our wallpaper, repainting, and decorating... oh, and moving in! :D

The first major project was the bathroom! It had two layers of wallpaper on the walls- ew. It was ugly on top of ugly. The top layer was an ugly pearly-pink textured paper. The bottom was a pioneer floral pattern.. both of which are now extinct.

Here is the BEFORE

Okay, so while I was in Home Depot, looking for wallpaper remover, the very helpful, and very brain-fried-from-drugs employee told me (or rather mumbled to me in an animated way) that fabric softener and vinegar work just as good as the DIF stuff. Guess what!?! He was totally right! Fabric Softener and water (50/50 solution) worked great with a scorer and putty knife. 




what a mess- and thanks to my mom who willingly helped me demo the bathroom!

color is on! 

Decor is on!

More Decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment