Friday, February 15, 2013

Mr. & Mrs.

Does anyone else just LOVE pinterest? Because I do! Especially for DIY things! As you all know, Ryan and I have bought our first home and are moving on March 29th! We are so excited- but I think that my excitement over getting to decorate my own home is the most apparent! A while back I saw a tutorial on how to make Mr and Mrs pillows- which I absolutely ADORED and wanted to make myself. Well, as our bedroom-to-come is collecting together I had a different idea that I think I like wayyy better! 

I have turned old shutters into our headboard and I made this Mr. and Mrs. sign to attach in front/center of the shutters! I can't wait to see it all come together for real. For now- here is a picture of the items all in one spot. Now just the curtains and mirror to go!


I got he board at Home Depot for like $6! I then painted it vintage cream and then stained it in streaks on top. In a word doc. I found a font I liked and printed the words in size 450 to fit as much of the page as possible! Then I took a razor cutter pen thing and cut the letters out. I used the paper as a stencil by spray gluing it down, painting the words, and peeling the paper back off! Worked great (although, I think the glue stuck better to my fingers and nails than it did to the paper and wood...)! I also go the molding strips at Home Depot for about $1.50 a piece (2 pieces). I cut them down to size, painted them brown, and used Gorilla wood paint to secure it. WARNING: this glue dries cream colored- it's a good thing the background was the same color! Be careful of oozing sites!

1 comment: