Thursday, July 19, 2012

Trying New Things!

So since we've been living with my parents, we're all still trying to adjust a little. I have been trying to find ways to make cooking meals for 8 a little easier on my mom. As a result I cook dinner at least once a week. But I decided to try something a little different this time. It's easier and supposedly cheaper to buy in bulk, prepare meals right away and freeze them. My mom has been shopping once or twice a week, so I decided to go to Costco and Shoppers and bought about $300 worth of food. From there, I spent about 2 hours preparing meals in gallon bags and freezing them! I made Teriyaki Chicken, BBQ Chicken, Hawaiian BBQ Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Honey Garlic Chicken, and Ranch Pork Chops. I made about 10 of these and all of them we can pull out in the afternoon and throw in the crockpot all day! Makes for easy clean up and easy prep for busy nights! We'll see how it goes, But I'm excited to taste them all! Does anyone else have good freezer meal ideas?

1 comment:

  1. This will save you TONS of time and TONS of money! My mom always did this and still does. You'll love it! I know she freezes a lot of beef too when it's on a good sale price. That way you can just thaw it and use it in tacos, or a soup, or whatever you want. :) Great goin' girl!

    ReplyDelete