Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My 22nd!


(my new hot glue gun! and basket of crafting things!)

Haaaaaapppy Biiiiiirthday Toooooo MEEEE! ANd many moooooore! Yes- I sing to myself on my birthday :) Who doesn't like to celebrate a little "me" once in awhile?! I like to celebrate by shopping! Ryan thinks that it is lame and boring that all I ever want for gifts is clothes! And then of course he doesn't like to pick clothes out for me (something about no sense of style or opinion)- so I get to go on shopping sprees with my sisters! It's WONDERFUL! So thank you to my wonderful husband and in-laws for the shopping spree! I so appreciate it! And to my parents and sisters- thank you for the gift basket full of crafting supplies! Lately- I've been going on crafting binges! Pinterest is to blame. I will soon be adding photos of some crafts that are still in the making! But I am so excited for my new crafting supplies and can't wait to put them into use!


So, when it comes to birthday cake- I like to get creative. Last year I had an oreo pizza pie for my "cake", the year before that I think I had strawberry shortcake with berries and whipped cream. This year- I went with a good 'ol mississippi mud pie! It's based with an oreo crust, layered with hot fudge and mint moose tracks ice cream and mint cookie crunch ice cream.... oh DIVINE! It was heaven in mint and fudge form! Overall- I'd say it was a spectacular day! Not to mention the extra long nap Hailey took just for me :D


One more thing I'd like to mention about my birthday. Since now I am older and wiser I have gained a little bit of perspective in the last year- I'm talking about giving birth to my daughter who now has a birthday of Sept 21st. She would not have that birthday if I had not carried her for 41weeks, loved her immensely, and given birth to her. So as I have reflected these things I find it only fair and appropriate that I thank my dearest mother for all she has done for me! I thank her for the 42 weeks she carried me, for giving birth to me, for loving me, and for giving me this day as my birth day. I am so grateful to her! Enjoy the box of your favorite cookies! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment