Monday, November 21, 2011

Saddest Day


Today Hailey is 2 months old- that meant a trip to the doctors. Well for those of you who are parents, you know that at your 2 month check-up you get shots. Hailey had one shot at the hospital when she was born, but they had wheeled her out to the nursery to do it. So I never saw it. Well this time I got a close up of the pain and tears. They gave her three shots in her tiny little thighs and at that exact moment it hit me how overwhelming my love for my daughter really is. The look on her face broke my heart and her screams and tears were enough to crumble me to pieces. As soon as the nurses walked out, I burst into tears and held my sweet baby until she was okay again. What I would have given to take those shots for her. Once we got home, I declared it lazy day and we chilled on the couch and in bed all day! It made me feel better :)

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww! =(

    And KILEY! To think that we'll be doing that to other people's babies...

    By the way, I was totally wanting to come over this week/last week, but I got sick, so maybe in Dec. after month end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um okay! Call me pathetic but I just cried reading this!!! I can't wait to love a baby that much! Aww so adorable. You're an amazing mom Kiley<3

    ReplyDelete