Friday, July 12, 2013

The DIY Kitchen

Awhile back I posted pictures of my new home and all the things I was changing around the house- well I am finally done with our Kitchen! A few Saturdays ago, after we were starting to finally feel all settled I said to Ryan, "It's time! I'm doing the kitchen!". And bless his heart- he helped me each step of the way, even though he was not completely on board with tearing the kitchen up after settling down (I didn't know this until half way through our project). I am so grateful to him for always being supportive  of my crazy ideas and my DIY obsessions! He is so great at letting me be creative. It's nice that, after the day-to-day routine, I can sit down and be in my own little world of creativity and accomplishment. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband :) (by the way, he totally loves the kitchen now and is glad we did it!)
BEFORE

(sydney taking down wallpaper)

(brenna taking down wall paper)

(most wallpaper down!!)

(doors and drawers down)



ALL DONE!

ALL DONE!

Do you like it??



4 comments:

  1. I like it! Wow, you have been busy! Way to g!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! You inspire me! Did you paint the cabinets then or stain or what? Looks so great =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a gel stain. it's more like a paint, but you can still see the wood grain through it! It's kinda like semi-opaque paint. :) THanks :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! IT seriously looks amazing! I cannot even wait to have a home just to do all this fun stuff to it! Great work girl!!!<3

    ReplyDelete