Thursday, January 17, 2013

Patience Pants

Now that our travels and adventurings were over it was time to get back into the schedule of life. Ryan's 9-5pm job and home-based web design business from 8-10pm. My pampered chef, nanny, mother, and wife duties. On the first weekend of January we went out to visit some new homes with our realtor (who also happens to be our neighbor and my 12th grade AP Gov teacher). We fell in love with a beautiful 3bed 2bath condo! We were a little disappointed in the lack of yard space, but we felt this was a good thing for us right now in our lives. So we put an offer in and the seller accepted all our conditions! The only draw back is that we have to wait until April 1st to move in... Ohhhh my it is going to be a long 2 1/2months! But this is good. This gives us time to get ready, buy furniture, build our savings back up, etc. (check out the link to the listing of our new home!)

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/662-Gateway-Dr-Se-Unit-218_Leesburg_VA_20175_M51365-82099

Which leads me to my next item of business- we bought a new car! Back in July we bought our second car- a brand new 2012 Red Ford Escape. I LOVED that thing! It was the best car ever!!! But we decided after much prayer and thought that it would be better for us to be frugal now that we are going to have a mortgage payment. So we traded my beautiful, wonderful, awesome SUV for another Toyota Carolla. I know it's for the best, and I know we will be better off with this decision. But it still makes me sad. On the other hand- now Ryan and I have matching cars! How cute! :P

Which leads me to my last item of business- My new years resolution! In a one month span from Dec to Jan I was pulled over twice for speeding at 20mph OVER the limit. Both times I was lucky enough to get away with just warnings. The first one wasn't even a written warning. The second one was. So I decided that this year and with this new (used) car, I am going to be a better and more careful driver! I just get so impatient and annoyed with other drivers!!! But I digress... I WILL be a more cautious driver! So far, it's going well! And I have found that this new goal of mine is decreasing my stress levels- who knew!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS on the home! It is beautiful! It looks like a great starter home. How is your Pampered Chef coming along? =)

    Glad we can keep in touch through blogs.

    ReplyDelete