Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Modesty is Hottesty

So have any of you seen the Modesty is Hottesty video on youtube? It's hilarious! I get a kick out of it every time I watch it! As a member of the church we are encouraged to treat our bodies as sacred and holy gifts from God. As such, we are to dress appropriately and not flaunt too much skin, like cleavage,  stomach, thighs, too much back, and shoulders. By covering ourselves adequately we can invite the spirit of the Lord to be with us and deter the wrong kind of attention from the wrong kind of people. It is a shield and a protection of the gift we've been given and of our individual worth.

So lately I decided to try out some clothing modification. I have two pencil skirts that are just barely long enough- so instead of walking funny and constantly pulling and tugging to make it modest- I decided to add length to them. And this is what I (and my mom) came up with! What do you think??

(pleated edge added)

(pressed pleats- finished product!)


(slight gathering applied to the addition)


3 comments: