Sunday, May 13, 2012

Externship Extravaganza

So I started my externship on our two year anniversary- April 16th. It's been quite an adventure so far! I've been able to do EKG's, stitches, remove stitches, run the autoclave, set up sterile fields, talk to patients, give shots to old and young, irrigate nasty ears, paperwork, and so on! It's great! I work in a family practice office that has 3 doctors and 2 NP's. Each doctor has a Medical Assistant and so I've been rotating around with all the Ma's and providers to watch and help. Recently they've brought on another MA intern... and well, it's less than ideal. I always feel in competition- even though there isn't one. It's stressful. But hey! i'm over halfway there! I'm 4 weeks in and only 2 weeks and a day left! Bring. It. On.

No comments:

Post a Comment