Monday, March 19, 2012

Phlebotomy

So the other day in lab I had a very traumatic experience happen. I was drawing blood from a friend and all of the sudden, for no reason at all, her blood started squirting all over the place! It was crazy! I wasn't on a vein and I had the tourniquet tied! It was the weirdest thing! Scared the crap out of me! But at least it didn't hurt her! She had no idea what had happened until she looked and saw her blood all over her arm and my hand! phew- glad that day is over! I'm nervous to start looking and asking for an internship! To really apply what we've been learning to the real world! It's exciting- but so intimidating! At least I know I'll never leave bruises like this one.

(This is my friend Katelyn) Stupid Plasma Center- they don't even train the techs in phlebotomy! They have no freakin idea what they're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment